Don’t wait, VOTE NOW! Here’s what you need to know, including which candidates have earned labor’s support.
● WSLC 2022 Election Endorsements
● Find a secure election dropbox in your community
● Not registered? No problem! Under Washington’s same-day registration law, you can go to your local County Auditor’s office and voting centers until 8 p.m. on Election Day to register and vote!
Washington voters are receiving their ballots in the mail. Go ahead and fill it out now. The whole thing, all the way down the ballot. If you’re not sure about certain candidates, see our endorsements below. Then…
- Place your ballot and security envelope into the return envelope and seal it.
- Sign it on the back using your normal signature. If the signature doesn’t match your signature when you registered to vote, your ballot might get rejected!
- Put it in the mail — no postage required! — or deposit it in a secure election dropbox in your community.
- Track your ballot at votewa.gov to make sure it is received and accepted. Allow 3-5 business days for your ballot to be posted as received.
- Now do your part to get others to vote! Union volunteers are needed for Labor Neighbor FUN Banks on Neighborhood Walks. Get details and RSVP here.
Freedom is on the ballot.
This fall, your vote is more important than ever. The freedom to vote, the freedom to join a union, the freedom to earn a living wage, the freedom to access health care and make decisions about our own bodies… it’s all on the ballot.
That’s why we need to make our voices heard! We need to vote for candidates who will protect our freedoms, and vote out those who don’t. As you fill out your ballot, make sure you know which candidates have earned labor’s support.
How candidates are endorsed.
The Washington State Labor Council, AFL-CIO (WSLC), which represents more than 600 union organizations with about 550,000 rank-and-file members from across the state, has made election endorsements. These recommendations are the result of hundreds of delegates from unions across Washington state reviewing candidate questionnaires and voting records, interviewing the candidates, and then meeting to vote upon which candidates have earned labor’s support. A two-thirds majority of delegates is required to earn the endorsement of the WSLC, the state’s largest union organization.
For example, WSLC delegates voted overwhelmingly to endorse the re-election of Patty Murray as U.S. Senator from Washington. The WSLC has also made recommendations in critical races for U.S. House, Secretary of State, and State Legislature. (See below.)
See the entire list of 2022 WSLC Endorsements. You can also find labor endorsements on local races and ballot measures from your local Central Labor Council:
If your CLC is not listed here, contact them to see if they have any recommendations.
Who earned labor’s support.
U.S. SENATE and HOUSE
WASHINGTON STATE LEGISLATURE
See the entire list of 2022 WSLC Endorsements.