Don’t wait. VOTE NOW! Here’s everything you need to know, including which candidates have earned labor’s support in Washington.
VOTE EARLY — Washington voters are receiving their ballots in the mail. Go ahead and fill it out now. The whole thing, all the way down the ballot. If you’re not sure about certain candidates, see our endorsements below. Then…
- Place your ballot and security envelope into the return envelope and seal it.
- Sign it on the back using your normal signature. If the signature doesn’t match your signature when you registered to vote, your ballot might get rejected!
- Put it in the mail — no postage required! — or deposit it in a secure election dropbox in your community.
- Track your ballot at votewa.gov to make sure it is received and accepted. Allow 3-5 business days for your ballot to be posted as received.
- Now do your part to get others to vote! Union volunteers are needed for Labor Neighbor FUN Banks on weekdays and Saturdays. Get details here.
UNION MEMBERS: YOUR VOTE IS ESSENTIAL — This fall, your vote is needed more than ever. Washington’s working families need safe jobs, economic security and freedom from systemic racism. That’s why we need to make our voices heard! We need to vote for candidates who share our values, and vote out those who don’t.
As you fill out your ballot, make sure you know which candidates have earned labor’s support.
In our state, check out the 2020 Washington State Labor Council Endorsements. The WSLC is the largest labor organization in the state, representing the interests of more than 600 local unions with some 550,000 rank-and-file members. These endorsements are the result of hundreds of delegates from these various unions who have reviewed candidate questionnaires, interviewed candidates, and then met and voted upon which candidates they believe have earned labor’s support.
You can also find labor endorsements on local ballot measures and races by your local Central Labor Council: MLK Labor (King County), Pierce County CLC, Snohomish & Island CLC, Southwest Washington CLC, and the Spokane Regional LC. If your CLC is not listed here, contact them to see if they have any recommendations.
If you are a union member and you want more information on WHY these candidates earned this endorsement, please fill out the following quick form confirming that you are a member, and you will be redirected to a page with more information on the candidates.